Tuesday, June 1

"i see my path, but i don't know where it leads. not knowing where i'm going is what inspires me to travel it."

so i'm sitting here in the downstairs study room during my double free contemplating life, as i usually do. it often occurs to me how sick i'm growing of year 12 and how i just want to get out of adelaide now before it starts to become too difficult. i know this is far from the right attitude that i should have right now but after hearing about where various people have been and where they are going in the future just makes me want to see it all. there is something so satisfying about seeing a different part of the world and wherever you go, you can't see it all. even in adelaide there is so much more that i am yet to see but it just seems that adelaide is so small and simple compared to other places throughout the world. my parents are about to start planning their trip to europe in 2012 and just knowing that i'm not going to be with them and they're going to see everything before i am feels funny.

i'm still yet to make one of those awesome world maps with the different coloured pins to show where i have been and where i still want to go. i know that when i finally get around to doing this, the map will be overloaded with one certain colour and only a few of the other colours (you get the idea of which is dominating...). but i think doing something simple like this will just inspire me to get out there more. it might not be possible at the time (perfect example throughout this year) but i will make it happen, somehow.

i'd be more than happy to stay in a place like this all my life if it meant seeing every inch of the world.



my husband better be into travelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment