Thursday, October 28

"Long is the road from conception to completion."

Never have I felt more mixed emotions in my life than the time I walked out of high school. I couldn't decide if I was excited, devastated, nervous, relieved, regretful, or any other emotion I can possibly think of. Everything came to an end that day, and I'm still wondering where I stand (well, I guess it's been less than a week, but I don't think it's something I'll figure out anytime soon...). School was my life, literally. It's all I've ever really thought about and nearly every single one of my goals has something or other to do with school. However, school has come to a close and it's time to move into the next phase of my life.

My blog has repeatedly stated how excited I am for the years to come, outside of school. I still am so excited, and I was beginning to wonder what I will do now without the guidance and support that comes with high school. Sure, I'll still have family and friends that can help me out here and there, but I'm really going to be standing on my own two feet. There won't be a teacher chasing me up about how my major assignment is going, and hardly any people that have spare time (and the right knowledge) to proof read things for me ... it's going to be a huge transition and hopefully one of the most exciting transitions I'll ever make.

I hope to find a new world outside of school, because I know there is one out there. I don't want to forget what my schools have given me over the past thirteen years, but I'm ready to start thinking outside the box. It's up to me now, how I'm going to live my life.

So, this blog post is dedicated to the many teachers that have guided me over the past thirteen years - you know who you are. Particularly my high school teachers, especially those in my final year of schooling. I speak on behalf of everyone, in saying that we couldn't have done it without you. You guys are the reason we're all still sane (somewhat) and the reason we have a solid future waiting for us in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment