Friday, September 3

"The innocent seldom find an uncomfortable pillow."

Every night when I literally crash into my bed and my head hits the pillow I'm grateful. I'm grateful that I have such a comfortable pillow to rest my brain for the next day of school and I can't help but think how lucky I am. The feeling of laying my head on my pillow at night is almost as satisfying as the moments where you wake up at 3am, look at the time and smile to yourself, knowing you still have 4 more hours to sleep, or when you forget that you have a student free day today, like I did this morning and started bashing my snooze button when the clock hit 7:03, and then remember that you have all the time in the world to sleep. I think that's what will excite me most about the completion of Year 12 ... being able to wake up at the time you usually do each morning (stupid body clock functions) and then being able to catch up on the sleep you missed out on throughout the year. Being able to do this for a week straight, or however long it will take you, is going to be incredible. I'm exhausted, but it's not the exhaustion that one night can fix, because I've already tried that. But soon enough, I will be able to sleep for a week straight without knowing that I should really be finishing that assignment or I should be studying for those exams. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment