Tuesday, July 27

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and only cease at death."

I'm sorry to my millions of blog readers out there for not posting in a while, I know how terribly you all must have missed me, to say the least. I've just been busy realising how much work I actually have to get done for Year 12 and spending time catching up on all the work that I've regrettably let fall behind me (that is still quite a large amount, might I add), but you know - I thought I deserved a quick ten minute blogging break before I depart my desk to snuggle up on the couch with a cup of coffee and wish my life was as dramatic as those on Packed to the Rafters (i.e. I'm about to procrastinate for another hour).

Many thoughts considering my plans next year have been flooding my head for the past couple of days (as they usually do) and I have come to the conclusion that maybe Law isn't for me - as interesting and fascinating as it is, I don't think my heart will really be in it, so I conducted some further research into other degrees that just scream Claire. I've found International Studies and it looks soooo good - completely what I've been looking for for the past seventeen years of my life. I will still do Commerce, hopefully picking it up in the second year, so I can follow my long dream of becoming an accountant, and I'll also hopefully pick up French (which gives me the possibility of studying overseas for one or two semesters, which would be incredible!) but needless to say, I am SO much more excited for university now that I know my heart WILL be in it. I also have a few friends that are following the same degree as me (International Studies that is) and it warms my heart to know that one friend is particularly excited to have me do the degree with him (shout out to Matty Jackson here, if you ever read this!).

Anywho, I just thought I should let you all know my plans, because I know you care so much (or so little, but that's not the point), but I'm afraid Packed to the Rafters is calling my name. I'll write to you all in a little while (who knows, I might not have any work to do in my frees tomorrow...) but until then, I wish you all a very happy day/week/month (oh please, don't let it be a month before I can write again!)... whatever. See you soon. Love you all.

1 comment: