Thursday, July 1

Movie nights.

Movie nights are so invigorating. I spent three hours with my girls last night lining up at Piccadilly Cinemas at 11pm to see the midnight release of the third Twilight movie - it was amazing, but I'm not going to waste my time writing about how hot Jacob Black is or how much we wish we were in Edward Cullen's pants right now, because we all know that anyway. Instead, I'm going to focus on a few different things, such as the fact that I never thought I would be lining up outside a cinema waiting for the release of a new movie, especially a Twilight one. And before last night, I had forgotten what a night out with the girls felt like, because I've been crammed up inside my bedroom doing this little thing called year 12 and it's taken away any freedom like I had last night. Sure, I see the girls every now and then and we have great conversations at school, but last night was just incredible. There was just something uber special about it - maybe it was the mutual coldness that we all shared but weren't able to snuggle up to each other because the seat dividers wouldn't rise, or maybe it was the continual 'wala-wala-wala-winchaaa' (Packed to the Rafters reference right there) that we felt compelled to do whilst waiting for the movie to begin. Or maybe even it was reflecting on year 9 English class as we saw the new trailer for 'Tomorrow, When the War Began'. Or even, it could have been the fact that none of us had read Eclipse in about a trillion years and had completely forgotten about everything that happened, so everytime we remembered something when it came onto the screen one of us would whisper 'ohhhh, that's right'. Whatever it was, it was brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment