Sunday, July 18

"Our ambitions for our country should be as big as the country itself."

I've just spent my last couple of hours dreaming big dreams - and I mean big. I've been doing research as to what I can do to get as close to the prime ministry as possible - yes people, I would like to be the next redhead Prime Minister. I've always had a thing for politics and when I stepped into the House of Representatives during my Canberra trip I just felt like I had a place in there, as crazy as that sounds. I know it's a HUGE dream, but if the other 27 have done it, then why can't I? There are huge stepping stones in every dream that a person has and much needs to be done to fulfill every single dream. I detest it when people put down other people's dreams, because if we didn't have dreams, then we wouldn't get anywhere in life, because we need dreams to succeed. If we don't have dreams, then what IS there to succeed?

In other news, our English Studies trip to Canberra was incredible - SO good. I loved every second of it, whether it was sitting in the House of Reps, freezing during the Memorial ceremony, or just spending time with our beautiful class, including our (old) teacher Abby, who is leaving for Austria soon to pursue HER dreams. We all have dreams, and if yours is something as big as mine (and to be honest, I could suss out a LOT of people that would be a million times better at leading the country than I would be), then go for it. I know it's a cliche, but anything that is humanely possible can be done if you really work for it. It won't happen overnight, and I sure know that - like I said before, EVERY dream requires hard work and a lot of dedication, because every stepping stone isn't just one step apart, it can be many. Just have a go. If you feel like it's your heart talking to you, then follow it.

Have a beautiful week everyone :)

2 comments: